Around this time of year, my office patients and coaching clients all report many of the same issues: They’re feeling out of sorts digestively and mentally. They’re tired, weighed down by the extra weight from the Christmas and New Year’s holidays (yes, still!) that won’t seem to budge, and starting to feel those annoying spring allergy symptoms, too.
As an acupuncturist and avid Chinese Medicine fan, I can’t help but turn my attention to the Wood Element, which is prominent in spring. At this time, the Liver Meridian—also associated with spring—is making its mark on our physical being and on the world around us through the color green, new beginnings, and a sense of growing or expansiveness.
It’s a powerful force, but the Liver Meridian is unfortunately easily affected by stress. When tension rises, this pathway can become blocked or experience stagnation, which in turn, can bring on irritability and resentment, among other negatives.
The goal then is to keep the channels of the Liver Meridian open and allow a smooth flow of this vital, inspiring energy. One of the very best means of clearing the way is through a liver-supporting cleanse, or detox.
Maybe you’ve seen—everywhere!—some of the popular ads featuring promises of detoxification. Some versions of a detox are lengthy and require major investments of time and money. You have to buy special supplements, prepare special foods, and juice—making it virtually impossible to continue your regular daily routine.
No wonder those ultra-hyped, extreme programs leave you feeling skeptical. After all, you’re a sensible, intelligent person. It’s clear to you that that brand of detox just isn’t rational.
I have promising news! Despite what some popular cleansing systems demand, a good detox doesn’t have to be complicated or unpleasant. A healthful cleanse also won’t interfere with everyday life. In fact, the detox I use myself is a 10-day, no-juicing-required program that encourages you to eat real, delicious food as you carry on with your busy life. (Whew!)
This detox will help you:
- Understand and eliminate everyday digestive complaints by removing some of the most troubling, symptom-causing foods to which you’re sensitive. It could be the answer you’ve been looking for.
- Reduce bloating. This promise may sound dramatic, but it’s true. Bloating reduces quickly once you’re following a simple, clean eating plan.
- Finally start to shed those extra pounds that have haunted you for months. I’m sure you’ll be happy to see them go before the summer!
- Identify many of the triggers that lead to cravings, binges, and mindless eating.
- Give your body a much-needed break from toxins—both harmful substances and anything excessive that has built up and weighed down your system. Just watch and see how your energy increases as a result.
- Enjoy a lighter body, mind, and spirit, by cutting through the habits of the past that no longer serve you and discovering new ways of doing things that reflect where you’re headed today. Detoxing is a freeing experience that goes far beyond the simple question of what you eat.
- Discover that a clean food plan really does fit into your busy schedule. No exaggeration! You can eat just about anywhere—at work and during play days alike—and stay on this practical plan.
So, are you saying, “I’m ready to do an easy, no-frills 10-day cleanse”? Great! I’m here to support you every single step of the way. Just go to www.robertamittman.com/detox to sign up. I’ll guide you day by day via email with inspiration and encouragement for your journey. You’ll get recipes and tips for fun new ways to enjoy the tasty foods on our (long and broad!) clean food list. I’ll even schedule a call to explain the program in more detail.
Got 10 days? I know you do. Just say yes to finally feeling fabulous and getting to the bottom of your issues. Let’s do this together!